Saturday 23 January 2010

Back to Normal

Glaucous Gull
It was so good to get up early this morning and be able to go horse riding once again. Even though the school at the stables was totally thawed there was plenty of snow piled up around the edges to give the horses something to 'shy 'about.
I decided to have a trip to Saltburn on the way back to try and see the Glaucous Gull on the beach before Mick got to see it. He always seems to get the rare birds and I don't. I still have not been to see the Thrush near Whitby yet, I may go tomorrow as Mick is at work. Anyway the Glaucous Gull was there and very obliging although the same can't be said for the dog walkers whose dogs continually disturbed it, more than photographers ever could and the light was terrible, however I did manage to get a couple of shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment