Monday 18 May 2009

Dotterel show at last

Dotterel
Dotterel at Danby Beacon




Report last night that a Dotterel had shown again at Danby Beacon, North Yorkshire. So this is where I headed off to this morning. On arrival at Danby the heavens had opened and it was blowing a hoolie!! I drove up the road towards the Beacon and the Dotterel were there - on cue - in the heather. After 15mins or so the rain eased which gave me the oppotunity for some record shots. I was then joined by a couple more local Birders, the rain had now stopped but the wind was getting worse. The Dotterel then decided to put on a show and came very close, posed for several shots then moved away, with several 'OK' shots taken I then headed off home.

2 comments:

  1. Better than OK Mick, love that middle shot. Dotterel are real beauties I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and as i had the pleasure of talking to mick today about these , it was fascinating to hear about the way they are inquisitive , very nice !!

    ReplyDelete