Wednesday 29 April 2009

Warblers

Wood Warbler


Some other images taken today





Yellow Wagtail

Stonechat

Sedge Warbler


A better day for birding today - weather much nicer than the rain of yesterday! Headed off to the Teesmouth area and saw Spoonbill, Little ringed Plover and Yellow Wagtail at Salthome, Dormans pool area held Sedge Warbler and Common Whitethroat. At North Gare saw Wheatear and more Yellow Wagtail. At the migrant bushes at the end of the Zinc works road someone pointed me in the direction of a Wood Warbler which was skulking in the bushes, an excellent find. We both returned to the area after tea to see if anything else had appeared but with the exception of Short-eared owl at Dormans pool nothing new was seen.






1 comment:

  1. Mick, I wonder if you might be interested in a photographic calendar competition I'm planning. Email me at birdneast@btinternet.com and I will send details if your interested.

    ReplyDelete